Fragment is a real-time audiovisual live coding environment, an unique combination of a web-based interface / accelerated graphics canvas with an oscillator-bank / filter-bank / spectral synthesizer.
Its versatility apply to a broad range of applications such as :
- sound design
- computer art of any kinds
- live performance involving sounds & visuals
- learning and teaching computer graphics / sound synthesis
Fragment has many features making it a bliss to produce any kind of sounds / visuals, it is aimed at artists seeking a creative environment with few limitations to experiment with, a programmable noise-of-all-kinds software.
Many videos of most features are available on the official YouTube channel
For any questions, a message board is available here
All software is free of charge, and distributed according to free software/open source principles and licenses.
- Web. browser such as Chromium (recommended), Safari or Firefox
- MIDI is not supported by Firefox / Safari at the moment
- Mid-range GPU
- Fragment was developed with a GeForce GTX 970
- Mid-range multi-core CPU
- Not necessary but a MIDI device such as a MIDI keyboard is recommended
Note : A high amount of memory is needed to support high number of instruments and use many audio samples / distributed sound synthesis.